APEX LEGENDS Community Cup
The Apex Legends Community Cup is a PC only tournament.
Platform – Account
- All players are allowed to have only one (1) account at play.gll.gg per person. All information registered on your account needs to be up-to-date and to have the correct information.
- You are not allowed to share or use another person’s GLL account. Your account is for your use and your use alone.
- If you face any issues with your account, contact support through here.
- Ignoring any rules mentioned above will lead to suspension of your account(s).
Platform – Bugs and issues
All problems and bugs you encounter on any of the GLL web pages currently in use should be reported as soon as possible to a Community Mod or in the #bug-reports on the GLL Apex Legends Discord. This will allow us the best chance to assist you as a player with the issue you have encountered.
- A player is allowed to have only one (1) Apex Legends account active on their GLL account.
- You are not allowed to share or use another person’s game account. Your account is for your use, and your use alone.
- Usage of a secondary and/or smurf account is forbidden. If a player is found out to be using any of such, their team will be punished in any way the admin team sees fit. This may include temporary or permanent bans.
Check-in, registration, late registration.
Registration to the community cups will close one hour before the tournament starts.
Check-in will begin 2 hours before the tournament starts and will close 20 minutes before. You have to confirm participation in the tournament by checking in. Teams that doesn’t check-in or don’t have a complete roster will be removed from the tournament.
15 minutes before the tournament starts , late registration will open and you can register, registrations will stay open until the tournament cap is met.
First Tournament Round starts at XX:05.
TEAMS AND ROSTERS
- Each team’s roster must consist of at least 3 players.
- Each team’s roster will be allowed to have 3 main players and 1 substitute.
- A substitute player may be added before the first match in the tournament begins
- Playing solo is not allowed, each team’s roster needs at least 2 players to continue playing the tournament.
- A player is not allowed to represent more than one (1) team at the same time.
- No changes/additions can be made to the roster after the tournament has started.
– All team members must be 16 years of age or older.
- Tournament Round will start as scheduled unless said otherwise. Some rounds might get delayed, for all the information please check our discord, where all information is current.( Schedule can be found on the tournament overview and on the right side of the website )
- The code to join the game will appear on the GLL page. Put the code shown in the game and join the slot which you will see on the GLL page.
- After each game, a new code will be provided, so please do not stay in the lobby, but leave and refresh the GLL page to see the information for the new game.
- All the player’s nicknames in-game have to match with players registered on the site and nicknames have to be correct as well. Not having the correct nickname will result in putting the person to the unassigned slot. Please check that your nickname in-game matches with the nickname on the GLL page.
- All players have to be in the lobby before the time limit goes down (5 minutes, displayed with the lobby information). If you have any issues please communicate with the admins on the discord.
- Players are not allowed to share the code.
- Prior to the start of each Match, the Team Captain is required to enter the Team name in the custom in-Game lobby for each Match. The Team name provided in the lobby must match the Team name on the GLL site. The only permissible change to Team names in-Match are shortening of Team names in the event the character limit is reached.
- If there are less or equal Teams in the Group than the number of advancing spots to the next Round, all Teams will advance.
Matches for each Region will be initially hosted on these data centers:
- Iowa: Iowa (any)
- Frankfurt: Frankfurt (any)
- Tokyo: Tokyo (any)
- Singapore: Singapore (any)
- World’s Edge
- Kings Canyon
GAME SERVER RESTARTS
These are the guidelines regarding a game server restart while the game is in the starting process:
- More than 20% of the players in the lobby are not making it into the game.
- If the game is being broadcasted and the caster or observer in the lobby does not make it into the game.
- If the Game host doesn’t make it into the game.
- Remakes will only occur when the game server crash affecting a majority of the participating players. If you get disconnected and being able to reconnect or server performance is poor, we can change the server location from the next game, but no remake will take place.
All communication with the players is handled on the official GLL Apex Legends Discord. Grab the region role in the #role-request in order to see needed apex channels. Important information will always be in the #tournament-information channel and if you need any support, #tournament-support is the channel you’re looking for.
Any questions regarding upcoming and ongoing matches can be directed to the admin team.
GLL reserves exclusive rights for broadcasting and streaming for all its events.
We do however allow people to personally stream their matches and games. If you decide to stream, we REQUIRE that you include “GLL” in your streaming title and we do recommend you to play with a five (5) minute delay.
If you stream, never show the game code on the stream. This may result in your team being disqualified.
It is forbidden to cheat, modify the game files, exploit bugs, and/or use any third-party application which would give an unfair advantage against other users.
All cheats are completely forbidden to use under any circumstance while playing in any event at GLL. Using any cheat will result in bans and disqualifications. This includes, but are not limited to:
- Radar hacks
- Hitbox manipulation
- The usage of a bug/bugs to gain an advantage versus your opponents
If a team uses a player that has an active ban by GLL or Apex Legends, the team will be disqualified from the GLL Apex Legends – Community Cups.
Players with Apex Legends bans on any accounts within two (2) years are not eligible to compete in any of the tournaments hosted by GLL.
GLL reserves the right to monitor any player, for any reason, during the tournament.
Anything that can be viewed as a bug or exploit will be reviewed by the admin team and judged on a case-by-case basis, examples of such can be:
- Quitting out of a Match before it has ended to deny a kill.
- Entering the out-of-bounds 30 seconds kill timer. If you find yourself in the area, leave it immediately.
- Sitting on the spots which are not supposed to be used by map design. (For example: Spot surrounded by 30 seconds kill timer.)
- Usage of the double zipline next to each other.
- Using map geometry to hide inside or shoot through one sided geometry terrain
- Shooting while being in the downed state.
- Exploiting Legend abilities to gain unfair advantage
- Exploiting mechanics to increase reload speed of the weapons.
GAME FILE EDITING
Competitors may only add or edit the following Game files:
Competitors may only add or edit the following lines in the files specified above:
– All 3rd party software or tools that are not allowed by the game publisher and that can give an unfair advantage to a player or team is classed as cheating and is not allowed. Examples of software that are not allowed are ReShade, SweetFX, and VibranceGUI.
BETTING, GAMBLING, MATCH-FIXING, AND TEAMING
Players, coaches as well as hosts and staff from GLL are prohibited from gambling or betting on any matches in any GLL tournament.
All sorts of match-fixing and/or teaming are strictly forbidden and will be punished. This may include temporary or permanent bans.
RULING AND PUNISHMENTS
|Rule violation||Punishment||Time duration|
|Using a player, not in the roster||Disqualification|
|Playing with the wrong game account||No points from the games the player has been playing in.|
|Usage of a glitch/bug||Case-by-case|
|Match-fixing/teaming||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||1 year|
|Account sharing||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||1 year|
|Knowingly playing with someone who is account sharing||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||6 months|
|Cheating||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||2 years|
|Knowingly playing with a cheater||Ban from GLL, G-Loot, and disqualification||6 months|
You can appeal the decision regarding your ban that you have received within seven (7) days from the moment the decision was taken. The appeal needs to be in a written mail and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEHAVIOR AND SPORTSMANSHIP
– Show respect to everyone involved in the tournament. This includes, but is not limited to players and staff.
– Treat everyone the same way as you would like to be treated yourself.
– Always show integrity while playing in every tournament, be honest and play fair.
– Do not use any discriminatory language, including but not limited to any language regarding ethnicity, nationality, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or personal beliefs.
– Do not use any extreme foul language, including but not limited to excessive profanity or language that is graphically sexual, grotesque, or violent.
– Do not make threats of real-world violence or other intended harm to anyone involved in the tournament.
– Do not harass, stalk, or purposely do things to make someone else feel uncomfortable or threatened.
– Do not share personal information about yourself or other individuals.
– Do not engage in, request, arrange, or offer illegal activities or materials.
– Do not impersonate other individuals.
– Do not spam, be it in text or VOIP.
– Do not share your account, your account is for your use and your use alone. Do not grant access to your account to anyone else, and do not access anyone else’s account, even with their permission.
GLL reserves the right to, in specials cases, override and/or remove, and/or add any rule stated above to guarantee fair play.
1 point per kill.
In the event that two or more teams have the same number of Total Points, the following rules shall be applied to break the tie.
- Compare every tied Team’s best-performing Match based on Total Match Points.
- Compare every tied Team’s best-performing Match based on Match Placement.
- Compare every tied Team’s Kill Points in the best performing match.
- Compare every tied Team’s Match-Points in the most recent Match.
- Compare every tied Team’s Kill-Points in the most recent Match.
- Compare every tied Team’s Placement in the most recent Match.
- Teams in the tournament are seeded based on their past performance in tournaments for the Round 1.
- After each tournament round is finished all teams are seeded based on their position in the group to the next tournament round.
- If you registered in the late registration, you will most likely not get seeded based on your performance.